Last updated: October 5, 2021
ACCESSING THE ARQUIVES
This fall, The ArQuives is open on a very limited basis, following the guidance of public health and government authorities on the evolving COVID-19 situation. Researchers and volunteers are required to schedule appointments well in advance to work in person. We anticipate reopening fully by January 2022, depending on the changing impact of COVID-19 in Toronto and Ontario – and won’t that be a relief.
In the meantime, you will be asked to follow all Government of Ontario guidelines while at The ArQuives:
- Masks are mandatory at all times, and will be available at the door, along with hand sanitizer.
- Please practice physical distancing: keep two metres between yourself and others.
- Please follow all posted directional or instructional signs
- Visitor guidelines based on the recommendations of the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health will be shared in advance with everyone who has arranged time as a volunteer or researcher
As of October 4, 2021, we have updated our policies to ensure the health and safety of all our staff, volunteers and researchers.
- The ArQuives expects Staff, Researchers and Volunteers working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- We will require acceptable proof of full vaccination. Full vaccination includes two doses of any of the Health Canada approved vaccines.
- To be exempt from Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements, anyone age 12 and up must provide a written document from a physician or a nurse practitioner on official letterhead stating that there is a medical reason for the exemption.
- Requests for accommodation based on protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
What form of documentation do we accept as proof of vaccination?
- Photo or scanned copy of your paper record from your pharmacy or doctor
- Printed copy of the records
- Provincial vaccine passports when available (October 22, 2021 in Ontario)
Researchers will also need to bring government-issued photo ID that matches the name on the above health records.
The ArQuives respects the privacy of our staff, volunteers, and visitors and will not be keeping personal health information on file once it is provided.
Thank you for your kindness and respect to our staff and volunteers as we work to protect our community from the spread of COVID-19. We will provide updates as they become available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Sam Cronk, Interim Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.