The ArQuives (formerly the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives) is the largest independent LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. Primarily a volunteer-run organization with a focus on Canadian content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves, and provides public access to information and collections in a variety of formats. Our organization offers a range of research, exhibition, educational, and community programming. We are happy to announce a posting for a 9 month Development Officer with the opportunity to renew the contract for an additional 9 months.
The Development Officer will help us to increase and diversify our donor base. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Officer will coordinate all fundraising initiatives and activities of the organization. They will be directly responsible for the development and implementation of the annual giving campaign, cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors and supporters, and collaborating with our plans for a Capital Campaign. The Development Officer will sit on the Fundraising Committee and assist staff with grant writing and foundation research.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our organization. We encourage applications from marginalized communities including those who identify as Indigenous, women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, people of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
* Plan, direct, and coordinate the work of The ArQuives’ fundraising
* Develop and foster relationships with individuals, community and corporate members.
* Produce individual donor plans, develop and implement long term investment and stewardship
* Build The ArQuives’s foundation grant and corporate gifts portfolio
* Organize stewardship events
* Create and manage major gifts plan for The ArQuives
* Collaborate with planning for a capital campaign
* Support and guide Board members and members of the Fundraising Committee
Qualification and Experience
* Completed certificate in Fundraising Management or Certified Fund Raising Executive.
* Minimum 2 years experience with proven major gift experience (preferred).
* Knowledge and understanding of the LGBTQ2+ communities and issues.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently or as a team.
* Ability to take initiative and prioritize with strong attention to detail.
* Experience with multi-channel marketing (preferred).
Application deadline: August 14, 2020 @ 12 pm EST
Apply with cover letter and Resume/CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours and Salary: 37.5h/week, $60 000 annual