The ArQuives will be temporarily closed to the public and all volunteers to support Toronto’s effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. We will close from March 14, 2020 through April 6, 2020, at which time we will revisit the situation to consider extending the closure, as needed. As the number of immuno-compromised folks in our community is already significant we are choosing to go this precautionary route for everyone’s well-being.
We recognize that this decision will have an impact on researchers, volunteers, staff, and the general public and appreciate everyone’s understanding in our efforts to secure health and safety for all of us.
If you are interested in doing research, please feel free to visit our Online Collection Portal and we will be happy to assist you when we reopen to the public.
Toronto Public Health recommends the following preventative measures:
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
* Avoid close contact with people who are ill
* Stay home when you are ill
* Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
* If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
* Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
For more information, please visit the City of Toronto website: https://www.toronto.ca/…/diseases-medications…/coronavirus/…
If you have any questions please contact Raegan Swanson, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org