Located in Toronto, Ontario, The ArQuives is one of the largest independent LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. With a focus on Canadian content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves, and provides public access to information and collections in any medium. Our organization offers a range of research, exhibition, educational, and community programming. The ArQuives seeks a Marketing and Development Coordinator for a contract position (May 2022 – April 2023).
Reporting to the Sr. Development Officer, the Marketing and Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating outreach and engagement efforts with constituents and maintaining records of these relationships.
The ArQuives has a COVID Vaccine and Safety Policy for all staff, volunteers, and researchers. Proof of vaccination will be required for any employee. Any applicants with exemptions due to a medical reason or religious belief must submit an accommodation request. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause The ArQuives undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of staff, volunteers, and community members.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our organization. We encourage applications from marginalized communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, people of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with coordination of The ArQuives’ communications and marketing efforts to engage donors/members and other stakeholders across various media
- Coordinate and implement specific recommendations from The ArQuives’ recent Communications Audit, helping to further extend our reach and build our public profile
- Maintain constituent communications across a range of platforms (e.g. social media/email)
- Perform regular data entry, record keeping, and maintenance
- Assist with the creation and deployment of social media & email campaigns
- Assist with production of The ArQuives’ newsletter
- Track constituent relationships via our database (Sumac)
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant marketing/fundraising work experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience working with Constituent Relationship Management databases
- Experience creating social media and email marketing content
- Strong attention to detail and customer/donor service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience working with and handling confidential information
- Proficiency in Canva, G-Suite programs, and Office Suite environment
- Prior experience working with LGBTQ2+ communities or organizations is an asset
Organization website: arquives.ca
Application deadline: May 9, 2022 @ 5 pm EST
Estimated start date: May 24, 2022
Hours and Salary: 30 hours/week, $22/hour
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter as one PDF document, indicating where you saw the posting, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Development Coordinator” in the email subject line.
The ArQuives thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.