The ArQuives is hiring an Archives Assistant (YCW) for a 12-week term, beginning June 22, 2020. The position will expose the student to a variety of archival situations designed to improve skills and allow the archives to improve public access to its rich holdings of LGBTQ2+ heritage. The successful applicant will create online archival exhibitions and if circumstances allow, to arrange & describe records, and assist with reference services.
The successful candidate will:
• Meet requirements of the Young Canada Works program.
• Have completed at least 1 year of a graduate degree in archival studies, in which coursework has focused on archival arrangement and description and/or metadata.
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to apply RAD standards.
• Have experience with exhibitions, notably with the Omeka platform.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with processing, arrangement, and description of personal papers and/or records of organizations
• Have excellent written & oral communication skills.
• Have an ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• A strong commitment to the mission of The ArQuives.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Coursework or interest in LGBTQ2+ history.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our organization. We encourage applications from marginalized communities including those that identify as women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, Indigenous, people of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Organization website: www.arquives.ca
Application deadline: June 11, 2020
How to apply: Email a cover letter and CV to the attention of Raegan Swanson, Executive Director email@example.com
Salary: $21/hr; 37.5 hrs/wk.