This fall, The ArQuives is open on a very limited basis, following the guidance of public health and government authorities on the evolving COVID-19 situation. Researchers and volunteers are required to schedule appointments well in advance to work in person. We anticipate reopening fully by January 2022, depending on the changing impact of COVID-19 in Toronto and Ontario – and won’t that be a relief.
In the meantime, you will be asked to follow all Government of Ontario guidelines while at The ArQuives:
- Masks are mandatory at all times, and will be available at the door, along with hand sanitizer.
- Please practice physical distancing: keep two metres between yourself and others.
- Please follow all posted directional or instructional signs
- Visitor guidelines based on the recommendations of the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health will be shared in advance with everyone who has arranged time as a volunteer or researcher
As of October 4, 2021, we have updated our policies to ensure the health and safety of all our staff, volunteers and researchers.
- The ArQuives expects staff, researchers and volunteers working onsite to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- We will require acceptable proof of full vaccination. “Full vaccination” is defined as two doses of any of the Health Canada approved vaccines.
- To be exempt from Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements, anyone age 12 and up must provide a written document from a physician or a nurse practitioner on official letterhead stating that there is a medical reason for the exemption.
- Requests for accommodation based on protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.