WHO ARE OUR VOLUNTEERS:
At The ArQuives we find volunteers from many different backgrounds, experiences, and diversities to help build the strength of the organization. From 1973 to 2004 The ArQuives functioned as an entirely volunteer run community organization. Since 2004, The ArQuives has grown the staff team to three and, the number of volunteers and volunteer hours has increased. In 2017 we had 165 people contributed over 13,000 volunteer hours to The ArQuives. Even with staff we haven’t lost that volunteer-driven and focused organization.
Current volunteer needs of The ArQuives are always changing based on what is happening at the Archives. We are always looking for new people to volunteer in different areas of The ArQuives. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about volunteer opportunities with The ArQuives. Below you will find our current opportunities:
- Administration: Volunteers working in administration will perform a range of administrative and office support functions for The ArQuives to facilitate the efficient operations of the organization.
- Archival Mentor: We are looking for people who have experience as an archivist who are willing to mentor new volunteers in archival practice.
- Archivists: Archivists are responsible for the in-take, processing, and preservation of the archival holdings of The ArQuives in a variety of mediums.
- Community Developer: Community developers are people dedicated to doing promotion, research, and tours of The ArQuives to directly raise its profile in the community.
- Facilities: Working in facilities includes supporting the ongoing maintenance of our heritage home at 34 Isabella.
- Fundraisers: Fundraisers look for opportunities to increase monetary resources for The ArQuives in order to continue the basic functioning of other committees as well as expand The ArQuives services.
- Social Media Specialist: Social media specialists at The ArQuives help us develop and deliver content through social media and, engage with communities that we serve.