Located in Toronto, Ontario, The ArQuives is one of the largest LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. Focusing on Canadian content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves, and provides public access to information and collections in any medium. Our organization offers a range of research, exhibition, educational, and community programming. The ArQuives seeks a Marketing and Communications Coordinator for a contract position (June 2023 – December 2023 with the possibility of renewal).
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day communication activities and the visual identity of the organization. They will work closely with the Communications Committee to develop and engage the community through dynamic social media content, newsletters, and marketing initiatives. On-site work will be required (up to 50%), and the occasional evening and weekend are expected.
The ArQuives has a COVID Vaccine and Safety Policy for all staff, volunteers, and researchers. Proof of vaccination is required for all employees. Any applicants with exemptions due to a medical reason or religious belief must submit an accommodation request. Accommodations will are granted where they do not cause The ArQuives undue hardship or directly threaten the health and safety of staff, volunteers, and community members.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our organization. We encourage applications from marginalized communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, people of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate The ArQuives’ communications and marketing efforts, including managing Social Media and newsletter production and chairing the Communications Committee
- Coordinate and implement specific recommendations from The ArQuives’ recent Communications Audit, helping extend our reach and build our public profile
- Work with Communications, Fundraising, and Collections volunteers to implement fundraising and donor stewardship as well as other outreach initiatives
- Work closely with the Communications Committee and Volunteer Coordinator to create social media content (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Create graphic design elements for online and print.
- Monitor online social media to identify opportunities.
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant marketing/fundraising work experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience creating social media and email marketing content
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Canva, G-Suite programs, and Office Suite environment
- Graphic design skills and Adobe Creative Cloud knowledge is an asset
- Prior experience working with LGBTQ2+ communities or organizations is an asset
Application deadline: May 22, 2023, @ 11:59 pm EST
Estimated start date: June 1, 2023
Hours and Salary: 30 hours/week, $25/hour
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter as one PDF document, indicating where you saw the posting, to: email@example.com with “Marketing and Communications Coordinator” in the email subject line.
The ArQuives thanks all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.