The ArQuives (formerly The Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives) is the largest independent LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. Primarily a volunteer-run organization, with a focus on Canadian content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves, and provides public access to information and archival materials in any medium.
We are seeking a part time Administrative Assistant for a year contract (January to December) to work in collaboration with the Executive Director. The candidate will be providing administrative support to all staff and volunteers. This includes maintaining organizational files, donor database management, answering phones, checking the mail, banking, ordering supplies, booking tours, presentations, room rentals, and organizing The ArQuives calendar.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our organization. We encourage applications from marginalized communities including those that identify as women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, Indigenous, people of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous administrative experience.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector, both hands-on and planning/strategic
- Knowledge and understanding of the LGBTQ2+ communities and issues.
- Ability to work independently, with a project team, committees, and in a primarily volunteer organization.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize with strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and experience working with databases.
- Strong organizational skills, time and project management, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills one-on-one, with groups, and in written form.
Organization website: www.arquives.ca
Application deadline: December 6, 2019
Salary: $17.5/hr; 22.5 hrs/wk (flexibility schedule)
How to apply: Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Raegan Swanson, Executive Director