The ArQuives is the largest independent LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. Primarily a volunteer-run organization with a focus on Canadian content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves, and provides public access to information and collections in any medium. Our organization offers a range of research, exhibition, educational, and community programming. We are pleased to announce a 12-month contract for a Development Assistant. Reporting to the Senior Development Officer, the successful applicant will be a key contributor to supporting our donor, volunteer and member engagement efforts.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our organization. We encourage applications from those who identify as LGBTQ2+ Indigenous, women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, people of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Qualifications and experience:
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience working on annual fundraising initiatives
- Strong attention to detail and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards
- Time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience working with and handling confidential information, adhering to the
- Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Conduct
- Proficiency in G-Suite programs + Office Suite environment (PC/Mac)
- Experience with donation database(s) as well as email platform(s)
- Prior experience working with LGBTQ2+ communities or organizations is an asset
- Administrative responsibilities and support of Development functions, including donor database management, donor stewardship and communications
- Data entry, record keeping, and some gift processing
- Providing excellent customer service and communications to donors
- Processing some gifts, managing data
- Using sound judgment and confidentiality
- Support other philanthropic and communication functions within the organization
Contract Duration: June 1, 2021, to May 1, 2022
Compensation: $19/Hour, 30 Hours/Week
Deadline for Applications: Monday, May 24, 2021, 5:00 PM EST
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter as one PDF document, indicating where you saw the posting, to: email@example.com with “Development Assistant” in the email subject line. The ArQuives thanks all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.