In partnership with Salaam Canada, The ArQuives is looking to engage a part-time contract researcher/writer to assist in creating a history of LGBTQ+ Muslims in celebration of Salaam Canada’s 30th Anniversary.
The successful candidate will work virtually with Salaam Canada and various individuals from across Canada to research and write a short history of the organization. Hours will be very flexible, with the finished document delivered to Salaam Canada and The ArQuives by September 3, 2021.
The successful candidate will have:
• Demonstrated knowledge of research (primary and secondary sources)
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• An ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team virtually
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong commitment to the mission of Salaam Canada and The ArQuives.
• Completed relevant coursework; and/or lived experiences combined with an interest in LGBTQ+ Muslim history in Canada.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our organization. We encourage applications from marginalized communities, including those that identify as women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, Indigenous, people of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Application deadline: June 14, 2021
Start Date: July 2021
How to apply: Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Salary: $22/hr (up to 40 hours)
Art by Farha Najah