The ArQuives (The ArQuives) is the largest independent LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. Primarily a volunteer-run organization, with a focus on Canadian content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves and provides public access to information and archival materials in any medium. The organization offers a range of research, exhibition, educational and community programming. We are seeking a Community Outreach Coordinator for an eight month contract (15 hours/week with a flexible schedule) to work in collaboration with the Executive Director and The ArQuives Committees. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the community outreach initiatives of The ArQuives and identifying and supporting new opportunities for partnership. Responsibilities
- Promote The ArQuives as a community partner and resource for other organizations and individuals. Encourage partner organizations to increase their engagement at The ArQuives through volunteer presence and financial contributions.
- Work closely with The ArQuives’s Communication Committee and Community Engagement committees.
- Respond to requests for partnerships by connecting prospective partners to the appropriate Committee Chairs or other The ArQuives volunteers. Give tours and presentations as requested.
- Attend events and activities of other community organizations to ensure The ArQuives presence and grow relations.
- Evaluate the success of all outreach initiatives with a view to growing The ArQuives’s capacity to fulfill its strategic objectives for increased inclusivity and diversity in its volunteer base and holdings. Offer recommendations for opportunities to improve the work in this area.
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the LGBTQ2+ community, issues, and history in Canada.
- Experience working with LGBTQ2+ community-run organisations.
- Interpersonal and communication skills for relationship-building with a range of individuals and stakeholder groups. Ability to work independently, with a project team, committees, and in a primarily volunteer organization.
- Strong time management, project management and multi-tasking capabilities. Excellent communication skills one-on-one, with groups and in written form.
The ArQuives is committed to supporting and encouraging a diverse environment and seeks candidates from underrepresented communities who can make positive and imaginative contributions. Women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal peoples are encouraged to apply. Organization website: www.arquives.ca Application deadline: April 27, 2018 Salary: $20/hr; 15 hrs/wk How to apply: Email a cover letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention of Raegan Swanson, Executive Director