The ArQuives (formally the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives) is one of the largest independent LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. A registered charity, The ArQuives is centrally located in downtown Toronto (Ontario). Primarily a volunteer-run organization with a focus on Canadian content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves, and provides public access to information and collections in a variety of formats. Our organization offers a range of research, exhibition, educational, and community programming.
We are seeking to engage either a firm with a dedicated professional or an individual professional with experience in providing cloud-based accounting services. Our organization is managed by a small team of 3-5 employees, both full-time and part-time. We require access to monthly reporting of financial statements including by project and class along with the capability to deliver year-end funder reporting. Experience working with registered charities, Sumac CRM, and LGBTQ2+ communities is preferred.
General Scope of the Engagement
- General bookkeeping and accounting services
- Input and manage all transactions via QuickBooks online and integrated applications (WagePoint, Plooto, Receipt Bank, or similar)
- Payroll management including T4 filings
- HST Rebate Filings
- Account payables management via electronic payments and physical cheques
- Manage statement reconciliation for all accounts including banking, payment processing services, third party charity donations, etc.
Organization website: www.arquives.ca
Target Start Date: December 1, 2020
Final Proposals Due: November 18, 2020
To arrange a preliminary information meeting by phone: Please send a brief cover letter outlining your background and experience to David DesLauriers at email@example.com before the due date; he will be in touch to set up a chat.
To submit your proposal: please send your proposal, with a resume and a brief cover letter outlining your background and experience, to Raegan Swanson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 18, 2020.